Who and what work is eligible?
The festival will consider applications from established and emerging artists. We encourage submissions from artists experimenting in form and style. The lead artist must be based in the Hamilton and surrounding area.
Theatre Aquarius Will Provide:
- Rehearsal space (spaces will be assigned on the basis of area needs and availability)
- A shared Lighting Design.
- A shared Technical Director for the festival.
- Marketing and publicity for the festival as a whole.
- Programs for audience members.
- 8 hours of tech time in the performance space.
- Technician for load-in, load-out and run of shows.
- Between 6 and 10 public performances in a repertory schedule in the Theatre Aquarius Studio.
- Theatre Aquarius ticketing system and Front-of-House staff.
- A fee, plus a split of box office.
- Ongoing coaching, assistance, and consultation with Theatre Aquarius staff in all areas of producing and management at individual meetings.
Producing Companies Will Provide:
- A completed rehearsed production
- All props, costumes, and sets
- Individual production images, copy and show promotion.
- Producers are responsible for all contracting and payment of artists as well as obtaining performance rights if applicable
- A stage manager
- Producing companies are required to commit to all deadlines
Program, Artists, Dates and Prices Subject to Change. All Sales Final. No Refunds.
Theatre Aquarius is a not-for-profit registered charity dedicated to creating outstanding, accessible, live theatre that entertains, challenges, & educates. Charitable Registration Number 11921 3957 RR0001